POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : zRCube (POV Clone) : Re: zRCube (POV Clone) Server Time
8 Aug 2024 04:08:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: zRCube (POV Clone)
From: Peter Cracknell
Date: 31 May 2001 04:30:36
Message: <3b16012c@news.povray.org>
news:3B15F9CD.DB43743C@gmx.de...

> Peter Cracknell wrote:
> >
> > Any chance of someone hosting a Win32 executable of this - I have no
idea
> > what a tar.gz file is, but I assume it's something to do with
compiling....
> > it's just that I'd love a play with this and don't have the
software/skills
> > required to compile my own.
> >

> I had a quick look, the program uses gtk and therefore will not be
> compilable straight away with cygwin.  There is a port of gtk for Windows
> so it should be possible.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>
> IsoWood include, radiosity tutorial, TransSkin and other
> things on: http://www.schunter.etc.tu-bs.de/~chris/

Thanks for the replies but I still couldn't get it to work.  I downloaded
the file zapped it in Winzip and ended up with a huge list of .h, .cpp,
.sub, .in, .am type files, but no binary.  Aren't these C++ related files?
Sorry to appear so stupid I just wouldn't mind a play with this...

Peter Cracknell

--
http://www.petercracknell.com

---